Genuine Redundancy Account
An Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account (GRA) enables workers to claim a genuine redundancy payment if their employment is terminated because their position is made genuinely redundant, at a nil or reduced tax rate.
Other situations where payments from an Incolink GRA may be claimed include permanent disability and death.
An Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account:
- Can increase your after-tax redundancy entitlement.
- Will be paid out in its entirety when a claim is made.
- Has no fees.
- Must be selected PRIOR to being made redundant.
- Please note there is a 14 day cooling off period where GRA Applications can be cancelled via WorkerLink or the Incolink App for iOS or Android.
Applying for a Genuine Redundancy Account
To select an Incolink GRA, workers will need to;
- Make themselves familiar with the differences between GRA and the default Severance Account by reading the Incolink Accounts brochure.
- Register and login to WorkerLink or the Incolink App for iOS or Android and follow the prompts to apply for a Genuine Redundancy Account. Online applications can be cancelled during the 14-day cooling off period
Note: Casual employees are ineligible to apply for an Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account due to the nature of the terms of their employment.
Workers are unable to change your account type at a later date. However once you claim your Genuine Redundancy Account balance, and you commence working again, you will be automatically placed in to the default Severance Account unless you apply for the Genuine Redundancy Account.
Please refer to the Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account terms and conditions or please contact Incolink’s operations staff for assistance on (03) 9639 3000 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by Incolink is of a general nature. We recommend you seek independent advice before selecting a Genuine Redundancy Account.
Making a Claim
A worker can make a claim when they become unemployed. To start a claim, simply register and login via WorkerLink or the Incolink App for iOS or Android and follow the prompts to make a claim. Alternatively, download the Incolink GRA Claim Form, complete the form and submit it via one of the options outlined on the form.
To be eligible to claim, your employer must first notify Incolink of your employment end date. If an end date does not exist in the system, you will not be eligible to claim online.
Please note: proof of identification is required for verification on all Incolink Claims
Tax on Genuine Redundancy Claims
When making a GRA Claim, The tax free amount of your payment is calculated based on your completed years of employment using the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) rules. Click here for the ATO's current guidelines. When processing GRA claims, if there is any taxable portion of a workers payment, Incolink is required to withold tax at the rate outlined in these ATO guidelines.